Reverb for an Acoustic

Home Page Forums Show us your rig! Reverb for an Acoustic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Erich Schlender
    Participant

I’m looking for a new reverb pedal that gives a quality basic hall, room reverb. I’m not really looking for any “shimmer” or extreme modulation, or a pedal that has 473 different reverb variations. I just want to take the fairly dry acoustic sound out of my ToneDexter and give it some more natural sounding reverb, but want to avoid a new rabbit hole. Right now, I’ve got a Earthquake Devices Dispatch Master Reverb/Delay pedal. It’s a really cool little pedal that’s very simple to operate and get great results. But it has a little more modulation, and “shimmer” than I’d prefer…

Any good recommendations out there for solid basic reverb pedal for acoustic violin?

Jacob Szekely
    Keymaster

Yeah that’s a very colored pedal although it sounds great!

If you don’t have a huge budget or a ton of space on your board the new hall of fame mini is a total no brainer and especially nails room tones. I tend to use more plate as it cuts through the mix more. You can also pickup cheaper older models of the mini and full size for insanely cheap.

Keith Johnson
    Participant

That goes double for me! I will post my rig soon, but have the old hall of fame mini… really excellent, although I would recommend the Boss RV pedals as well.

Kent Graber
    Participant

I also use a Hall of Fame mini paired with a red-eye preamp https://www.fire-eye.com/red-eye-1, which go through a yamaha mixer into a QSC k10.2. I play in an outlaw country cover band and have to compete with rhythm guitar playing through a Fender Twin. I’ve been searching for an authentic fiddle sound at loud volumes for a good 20 years.

Currently I have my eye on a Tone Dexter.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Kent Graber.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.